- What is your Gallbladder?
- Symptoms of Gallbladder Disease
- Causes of Gallbladder Disease
- Screening & Testing
- Treatment Options
Single Site Gallbladder Surgery:
Learn about the potential risks of da Vinci Single-Site Surgery, how your surgeon removes your gallbladder, and whether it's right for you.
Single-Site Gallbladder Surgery
About the da Vinci® Single-Site® Experience
Features of da Vinci Surgery
The da Vinci Surgical System offers the latest in surgical and robotics technologies. The da Vinci System is beneficial for performing routine and complex surgery. Your surgeon is 100% in control of the da Vinci System, which translates his or her hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside your body.
The da Vinci Surgical System features a magnified 3D high-definition vision system coupled with flexible Single-Site instruments. These features enable your doctor to operate with enhanced vision and precision.
Why da Vinci® Single-Site® Surgery?
The da Vinci® System features a magnified 3D high-definition vision system coupled with flexible Single-Site® instruments. These features enable your doctor to operate with enhanced vision and precision.
With da Vinci Single-Site Surgery, your gallbladder is removed through a single small incision in your belly button similar to traditional single-port laparoscopy. As a result of da Vinci technology, da Vinci Single-Site Cholecystectomy offers the following potential benefits:
- Low rate of major complications1
- Low conversion rate to open surgery1
- Virtually scar less surgery1
- Minimal pain2
- Short hospital stay3
- Low blood loss4
- Low rate of wound infection3
- High patient satisfaction2
*Similar results to single incision laparoscopy.
1. Pietrabissa A, Sbrana F, Morelli L, Badessi F, Pugliese L, Vinci A, Klersy C, Spinoglio G. Overcoming the challenges of single-incision cholecystectomy with robotic single-site technology. Arch Surg. 2012 Aug;147(8):709-14.
2. Wren SM, Curet MJ. Single-port robotic cholecystectomy: results from a first human use clinical study of the new da Vinci single-site surgical platform. Arch Surg. 2011 Oct;146(10):1122-7. Epub 2011 Jun 20.
3. Spinoglio G, Lenti LM, Maglione V, Lucido FS, Priora F, Bianchi PP, Grosso F, Quarati R. Single-site robotic cholecystectomy (SSRC) versus single-incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy (SILC): comparison of learning curves. First European experience. Surg Endosc. 2012 Jun;26(6):1648-55. doi: 10.1007/s00464-011-2087-1. Epub 2011 Dec 17.
4. Buzad FA, Corne LM, Brown TC, Fagin RS, Hebert AE, Kaczmarek CA, Pack AN, Payne TN. Single-site robotic cholecystectomy: efficiency and cost analysis. Int J Med Robot. 2013 May 2. doi: 10.1002/rcs.1507. [Epub ahead of print]
5. National Institutes of Health. Gallbladder Removal Surgery.
Available from: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002930.htm