The Patient Accounting Systems Business Analyst’s primary function is to serve as the Revenue Cycle/Meditech/B/AR Subject Matter Expert (SME) and to safeguard and insure the continued operational integrity and functionality of the B/AR module required for the accurate and timely production and regulatory disclosure of healthcare claims and supports the performance goals as established by Senior management. This position will report to both the Director of Patient Financial Services and the IS Applications Manager.
• Supports successful functionality of Patient Accounting and all related interfaces
• Timely implements New Release (priority pacs) upon completion of successful testing
• Insures Interface compatibility and successful functionality (uploads/downloads)
• Facilitates Problem resolutions related to systems
• Provides dictionary development, support and maintenance
• Performs reporting development, maintenance and support – both NPR and selection
• Safeguards system access
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred.
• 5 years’ experience in system analytical and maintenance role, preferably hospital
• Knowledge of the Meditech dictionaries, building, and best practice implementation for the B/AR module
• Ability to evaluate and test system code changes relative to the change occurring in the Revenue Cycle processes.
• Ability to manage project plan tasks, issues logs, risks, and create weekly status reports.
• Use industry standard change control practices.
• Ability to create training material, supervise, and deliver training for other IT or Revenue Cycle staff involved in the optimization/implementation and build.
• Exposure to the healthcare industry – payer claims adjudication/ physician’s office/ or hospital in a technical role
• Must be highly professional, organized, possess impeccable communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• PC and Microsoft Office Suite use and application literate
• Knowledge of patient accounting systems
• Analytically inclined