OHC provides a complete line of outpatient rehabilitation services to help you with your recovery from injury or illness. Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy services are provided at the area's newest and most modern facility of its kind at 221 Broad Street in downtown Oneida.
This 10,000 square foot state of the art department has the latest equipment for exercise, strength development, and balance training in a spacious, open gymnasium, hydro therapy, a lift evaluation station and the area's only custom designed therapeutic pool.
Our courteous and skilled staff includes licensed and certified Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and a Speech Pathologist. Many of our staff have Masters degrees and are certified in a number of rehabilitation specialties.
Call (315) 363-8711 for an appointment.
For your convenience, appointments are available:
Monday and Thursday from 7am to 6:30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 7am to 5:00pm
Physical Therapy Services Available Include:
- Treatment for acute and chronic strain, lumbar and cervical injuries, joint replacement (specializing in knee, shoulder and hip)
- Sports related injuries
- Orthopedic rehab
- Balance restoration
- Women's services including osteoporosis, post mastectomy, lymphedema, post partum exercise
- Aquatic therapy
- Neurological -stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, peripheral nerve injury
- Whirlpool therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Return to work services: work hardening, work conditioning
- Evaluation services; job analysis, strength testing, body mechanics evaluation, pre-employment strength testing, ergonomic assistance
Occupational Therapy Services Available:
- Treatment for stroke, spinal cord injuries
- Neurological disorders
- Disabilities resulting from aging
- Hand injuries
- Hand therapy
- Development disabilities
- Training in use of splints, adaptive homemaking equipment, adaptive tools, wheelchairs, prosthetic devices
- Activities of daily living
Speech Therapy Services Available:
Speech, Language, Cognitive, Voice, & Swallowing Evaluations and Therapy for all ages to address:
- Speech Disorders – Difficulty moving the mouth to coordinate sounds for speech
- Articulation Disorders – Difficulty making sounds correctly; often occurring in childhood
- Dysarthria – Disorder typically associated with a stroke including difficulty planning mouth movements needed to produce sounds and words
- Language Disorders – Including difficulty making sense of the environment, comprehending spoken/written words and/or communicating thoughts, feelings and experiences to others
- Aphasia – A language disorder caused by stroke, drug use, brain injury or illness
- Voice Disorders – Affected quality of voice (i.e. hoarse, breathy, or nasal voice), loudness or pitch disturbance
- Stuttering Disorders – Difficulty with the forward flow of words
- Cognitive Communication Disorders – Difficulty thinking clearly, remembering or problem-solving
- Assistive Communication Device Training – Use of a computer device to augment expressive communication abilities; for all ages
- Dysphagia – Difficulty swallowing resulting from illness, surgery, stroke, injury, or disease process
Oneida Healthcare participates in Medicare, Medicaid and Workers Compensation, as well as most HMO's and insurance plans. Rehabilitation services require a prescription from your physician.
Sign up below to receive future newsletters!