Oneida Healthcare is committed to educating patients on diabetes management. If you or a loved one has diabetes you need to be informed. OHC offers an extensive Diabetes Education program to help you manage your diabetes. We have a multi-disciplinary approach to providing individuals with diabetes the information they need to make the best decisions in order to improve and maintain the highest quality of life. Our program is certified by the American Diabetes Association. We will discuss daily diabetes management, including monitoring your blood sugar, stress management and more.
Our Program Offers:
- Classroom instruction
- Individualized information with diabetes educators
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) to answer questions you may have about your diabetes management
Registered Dietitian to provide you with vital information on nutrition,
a crucial aspect of diabetes management
- Pharmacist to explain all your medication options
- Physical Therapist to discuss what exercise program is right for you
- Social Worker to provide information on the economic impact of diabetes
Program Location: Oneida Healthcare. 321 Genesee St., Classroom A (1st Floor)
2017 CLASS DATES
- Thursday & Friday February 2 & 3
- Thursday & Friday April 6 & 7
- Thursday & Friday June 1 & 2
- Thursday & Friday September 14 & 15
- Thursday & Friday November 9 & 10
NOTE: Above classes require a minimum of three patients with a maximum of twelve. Referring physicians or primary care providers will be notified promptly of any changes or cancellations. Additional two-day class series will be considered if the number of patients referred exceeds the maximum.
WHO CAN ENROLL?: Your Medical Provider must refer you by filling out our Diabetes Certificate of Medical Necessity.
INFORMATION & REGISTRATION:
Once we receive the referral from your Medical Provider, our Insurance Verification office will contact you to confirm your insurance provider and follow up with you to explain your coverage, including any co-pay that may be required.
An informative packet will be sent to all scheduled patients prior to the start of class.
Please call our Patient Scheduling office at (315) 361-2290.